To the world, I lived a beautiful life with a perfect home, perfect children, perfect husband and perfect business.  However, behind the four walls of our home, I lived a secret life of unimaginable violence.  Domestic violence is a silent crime, so shocking, so horrific, that it’s swept under the rug as if it doesn’t exist.  A world so terrifying, that when women cry for help from family, friends, police and even our judicial system – they find no comfort. One out of every three woman are abused. I wondered how in my own situation that I could spend twenty years enduring horrific torture, yet remain in the situation.  During the last eight years of my marriage, I spent endless hours trying to find a way of escape from a man who would not let me go.  To understand why a woman would endure such torture, you would have to understand the mind of a batterer.  Why Does He Keep Hurting Me?  Inside the Mind of an Abuser answers questions everyone wants to know about batterers, victims and how and why it happens.

Comments